Established in 1927, Sebring Firemen, Inc. was originally formed to create an athletic field for the community of Sebring. Going into debt, they purchased what is now known as Firemen’s Field, which was originally an abandoned orange grove at the intersection of Kenilworth Boulevard and Highlands Avenue. Clearing the groves by hand with the assistance of mules. Rex Beach threw out the first ball in 1931 and opened the field for the use of the entire community. After the present Sebring High School was built, the High School began using this facility as their athletic field and have been calling it home ever since.
Today, Sebring Firemen, Inc. sponsors many events, including the Highlands County Fair, Sebring Firemen Memorial Golf Classic, and the Central Florida BBQ Festival. These events help Sebring Firemen, Inc. raise funds to maintain the grounds, as well as assist with the local school’s athletic programs. From uniforms to a newly built locker room at the southern end of the current football field, Sebring Firemen, Inc. has assisted in raising thousands of dollars to benefit the school’s athletic programs and Firemen’s Field improvements.